Throughout history gold has been a highly-valued commodity. During the Gold Rush, many people left everything...homes. families, some devoting their entire lives to the pursuit of it. God is a treasure far more precious than all the wealth on Earth, but unlike gold, He is not hard to find. He truly is a God who shows Himself. His truths are richly woven into the fabric of all creation. Our greatest insight into the very heart and mind are the Scriptures, but to find the real treasure, we must dig deep into the remote recesses of the Rock himself. One thing you will most certainly discover is the deeper you dig, the deeper He gets. In all eternity we will never be able to plumb the depths of God. It is my hope that perhaps through my own search for that 'Treasure above all Treasures' you will find something which will have some meaning for you. R.Whelan

Sunday, January 3, 2010

I'VE ASKED THE LORD

I’ve asked the Lord to hear my prayer
To change these things I face
And though the answer may seem slow in coming
I know He hears me by His grace

And I know that if He chooses
There’s nothing He can’t do
He can take this veil of sorrow
And He can bring me gently through

But if He chooses not to answer
In quite the way I hoped He would
If He chooses something else for me
I know it all works for my good

If not the answer I was seeking
Then the one that’s best for me
If not the door I hoped would open
Then the one He knows I need

If not the words that I would hear Him speak
Then the ones I need to hear
For if He holds me in His hands
I know I’ve nothing more to fear

I know He watches over me
And He’ll lead me through the pain
And when all is finally said and done
It will not have been in vain

©1998 Rachel Whelan

No comments:

Post a Comment